Yes, this is the burning and most annoying problem for the modern Indian society. Many reasons may contribute to this difficult situation.
Higher education and career-building of girl child is one of the main important reasons for delay in marriage. Every parent wants their girl child to get the best education so that she may not face any problem in her future life, so that she may be financially independent which may help her family and kids. For getting good and higher education, lot of money and time is required. Girls generally get over aged when they seek higher education and make extra efforts to find out a suitable and selected career for themselves.
When career of a girl is established, the parents make efforts to find a suitable match for their daughter. Naturally, a higher status of bridegroom is desired for a higher educated or advanced status girl. Advertisements are given in newspaper or matrimonial services are preferred. Some of the prospective aspirants are selected and list of options is prepared. Procedures for enquiry of antecedent of a suitable bridegroom are carried out. All this procedure consumes most of the time. Again the girl becomes more over aged. Apart from all this, astrological match making becomes a great headache. There is lot of steps involved in the marriage now days. If one finds a suitable match but astrological matchmaking is not up to the mark, one has to consider another case. In cases where match making compatibility is perfect, others factors may not match. Really, this is very annoying and big problems to get a suitable match these days for both the gender especially girls.
Due to these circumstances which are beyond control of any individual, the average marriageable age of girl which was 20-25 a few decades back has gone to 28-33 or even more now in average Indian society.
If we look at the birth chart of a girl, the reason for delay in marriage can be understood astrologically, Seventh house in a horoscope indicates the marriage bliss. This house has its own importance in interpreting the married life status of an individual. Jupiter is the significator of marriage and husband in a girl's horoscope. So placement of Jupiter should also be observed before match making and for a happy married life. In order to interpret 7th house, the following issues should be taken care of:
- Look at the 7th house and the planets placed in 7th house. If natural benefic are placed in 7th house, the result will be auspicious. If natural malefic planets are posited in 7th house, result will be inauspicious. Marriage will be delayed and problems will be experienced in finding out a suitable match. Saturn has main role in delaying the marriage.
- Now look at the lord of 7th house. If the lord of 7th house aspects its own house, i.e. 7th house, there will be harmony in married life.
- If natural malefic planets aspect 7th house, there will be delay in marriage.
- Eights house of a horoscope should also be considered because 8th house in horoscope indicates longevity of the spouse. This should be interpreted carefully. If malefic planets are placed in 8th house, match making should be carried out with caution.
- Jupiter, being significator (Karak) for marriage always plays important role and favors with the bliss of marriage during its transit in particular houses in horoscope.
- According to Indian Astrology, Mars plays very important role in one's marriage. If Mars is placed in 1st 4th 7th 8th or 12th house of a horoscope, the native is said to have Kuja Dosha or Mangal Dosha. Mars in a horoscope effects harmony and happiness in the married life. In certain circumstances, Kuja dosha is nullified. This should also be interpreted cautiously.
- Similarly, Venus plays important role in the horoscope of boy.
- Tenth house represents in-laws and third house brother-in-laws and sister-in laws. The position of the planets in horoscope representing these houses shows good or bad relations with in-laws.
Remedies of married life problems include wearing of proper gem to strengthen the weak planets related to seventh house. Certain Pooja are also suggested by the astrologer to be performed etc.